Tuesday, March 30, 2010

#13: Chappelle's Show



Chappelle's Show was a television program created by comedians Neal Brennan and Dave Chappelle that aired on networks around the world from 2003 to 2006. Almost universally beloved by the crucial 18-24 year old demographic, the show was noted for its intense, Pryorian focus on racial stereotypes. When comedian Carlos Mencia attempted the same on his show later in the decade, it was instantly reviled by that same demographic, proving once and for all that we prefer our racial humor to be delivered by thin, African American men rather than stocky hispanic ones.

To this day, TBS still refuses to accept this fact.


"Hello Greg, what are you working on?"
"Oh, hi Neil. I just converted my traditional IRA to a Roth account."
"That's very smart . . . Diversify yo' bonds, n****!"
"My goodness! Did you just say the 'n' word?!?"
"Well yeah, but it was a quote from Chapelle's Show. You know, the one with Wu-Tang Financial."
"Oh, OK. My mistake. I didn't realize you were quoting Chapelle's Show. No harm done. In fact, I now think what you said is funny, and, even though I haven't see the episode, I may use that quote in conversation in the future!"
"Sounds like an excellent plan. Almost as excellent as that Roth IRA of your's!"
"Right. Well then, good day, sir. Say hi to Bridgette and the kids for me. Oh, and before you leave, I'm riiicchhh, beeyotch!!"
"Hahahaha. Well said. We are both quite rich. Quite rich indeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment