Thursday, March 18, 2010

#11: The Octomom



The Octomom's existence raised a variety of questions that raged in the hearts and minds of pop culture commentators everywhere. Questions like: What race is she? Should I use only the straight on picture of her grotesquely bloated stomach for my blog post or should I also include the profile? What am I doing with my life? And of course, Is she pretty?

But above all, the great debate that plagued these purveyors of popular opinion to no end and raised doubts about their fundamental nature was the following: Should I make snarky comments about the Octomom, or should I piously criticize her? Throughout the blogosphere and primetime celebrity tabloid show-o-sphere, mud was slung and high horses were mounted. No matter which side you fell on, the important thing is that we got people talking! Free speech had truly had its day.


"Can you believe this Octomom woman?!?"
"Yeah, I know, she fine!"
"Wait . . . what?"
"Uh, I mean, yes. I am now and have always been staunchly anti-Octomom."
"Yeah . . . yeah, me too."
". . . . ."
". . . . ."
"So, I guess I'll see you around this weekend?"
"Yeah, uh, sure, I'll give you a call or something."
"All right. Well, uh, bye."
"Yeah. Yeah, bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment